Monday, April 22, 2013

DIY Personalize Notebook {tutorial}


I had the opportunity to attend the amazing SNAP blog conference this past weekend. {Post all about what I experienced and learned coming soon}. I am still recovering from all the partying and lack of sleep. Today I wanted to share with you this really simple notebook I made to represent my blog at the conference. But you could personalize this how ever you want. That is the best part about this project. It is perfect for notes, for blog ideas, for project ideas and sketches, journaling, recipes, whatever you want. It was perfect for the conference and it only cost me $1. What? You heard that right. I don't know about you but I would rather spend $1 and make it just what I want then try to hunt for something and end up spending $10.  Also this week I am going to be sharing with you how I made my own business cards. So stay tuned for that this week. Alright lets get going on this super simple project.


{Supplies I Used}

-$1 blank notebook {from a local craft store}
-Mod podge
-Sponge brush
-patterned paper
-My printed graphics I made in picmonkey to represent my blog {You could design whatever you want or even use pictures}
-Vinyl decal {Made by me and my cricut mini}
-Scissors or straight cutter

***Side note: If you have not checked out or used picmonkey you have got to try it out. Seriously it is awesome. It is basic picture editing and I use it all the time. The very basic package is FREE and the upgrade package which is access to everything they offer for only $32 for a year. 

{How I made it}

-First I measured the front of the note book then measured and traced it onto the patterned paper I was using. Then cut it out and glued it onto the front of the book with some mod podge


-Then I glued in place my graphics I made on picmoney. Next I mod podged over the whole front cover to keep it protected and all as one piece


-Let that dry completely.


-Then you are going to do the same thing on the back. I left the back blank so I just glued on the patterned paper and mod podged over it. Then Let it dry.


Last thing I did was create this cute decal on my cricut, cut it out and slapped it right on. And you are done. Easy, cute and ready to use.  I gave these decals out with my business cards at Snap and have some extra let me know if you would like one :)





I love how it turned out. It is just what I was going for and went with my branding of the blog.


Go make your own, use what you have, pictures, patterns you love, create, take notes and enjoy. And don't forget to pin it. It is as simple as hovering over the picture and clicking on the pin it button :) Love you all.


Linked up HERE

Thank you for all of your support, for reading and following 
You my readers mean everything to me so keep the love comin
Don't forget to check me out on my other social media sites. {Links below}

Twitter Subscribe Pinterest Facebook Etsy Shop Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Contact Me

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover